As the summer holidays arrive, it’s time to prepare your Mitsubishi 4×4 for adventures on and off the road. Whether you’re heading to the airport, off on a staycation, or travelling for festival season, it’s vital to ensure that your vehicle is properly prepared and in optimal condition.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a handy checklist of maintenance tips to keep your 4×4 in top shape throughout the season. So, let’s dive in and get your Mitsubishi 4×4 ready for an unforgettable summer!
Check your fluid levels and tyre pressure:
- Engine Oil: Ensure that your engine oil is at the recommended level. Carry a spare 1-litre container of engine oil suitable for your Mitsubishi 4×4, just in case.
- Coolant: Check the coolant level and inspect the condition of the coolant. It should be free from debris and contaminants. Top up or flush and replace if necessary.
- Brake Fluid: Verify the brake fluid level and make sure it meets the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Power Steering Fluid: Check the power steering fluid level and add more if required.
- Windshield Washer Fluid: Keep your windshield washer fluid topped up, as summer journeys can involve dust, tree sap, and bugs.
- Tyre Pressure: Inflate your tyres to the recommended pressure as per your vehicle’s manual. If you’re heading off road, then carry a compact compressor so you can quickly adjust your pressures depending on the terrain See our selection of 4×4 tyres here.
Inspect your Mitsubishi 4×4’s lights, bulbs, and fuses:
- Ensure all of your lights are in proper working condition, including headlights, brake lights, indicators, and fog lights.
- Carry spare bulbs and fuses for quick replacements, especially when you’re travelling to remote areas or embarking on extended trips. Enter your reg here to see our range of 4×4 lights & bulbs for your vehicle.
Clean and maintain your 4×4’s exterior and interior:
- Wash your vehicle thoroughly, paying attention to areas prone to dirt and debris buildup, such as wheel arches and undercarriage.
- Apply a protective coat of wax to safeguard your 4×4’s paintwork from the harsh summer sun, salty sea air, tree sap, and other corrosives.
Ensure your Mitsubishi 4×4’s air conditioning system is in optimal condition:
- Get your vehicle’s air conditioning system serviced and regased if necessary. Call us today to book into the Mitzy Freeze Station & get topped up.
Check your Mitsubishi 4×4’s battery and electrical system:
- Inspect the battery terminals for corrosion and clean if required.
- Test your battery’s voltage and replace it if necessary, as high temperatures can take a toll on battery life.
Examine your brakes and suspension:
- Check brake pads and brake fluid for wear and proper functioning.
- Inspect suspension components for signs of damage or excessive wear.
Evaluate your Mitsubishi 4×4’s cooling system:
- Inspect radiator hoses for cracks, leaks, or bulges. Replace if necessary.
- Check the radiator for debris and clean it if needed.
Assess Towing Capability If Required:
- If you’re planning to tow a caravan or trailer this summer, ensure that you are aware of the maximum towing weight of your vehicle. You can find the towing capacity of a Mitsubishi L200 here.
- Ensure that the towbar is properly fitted and in good condition. See our range of towbars here.
Prepare for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances:
- Carry a spare tire, along with necessary tools for changing it.
- Keep a first aid kit in your vehicle.
- Have a 5-litre container of clean water handy for emergency situations.
Taking the time to prepare your Mitsubishi 4×4 for summer adventures is essential to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey. By following these tips, you can have peace of mind knowing that your 4×4 is ready to carry you as far as you wish this summer.
If you have any more questions, or if you can’t find the part you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to call or email us today, and our team will be more than happy to help you find what you are looking for.